Today, when I was working at Trashy Diva, I had a customer who was looking for the perfect outfit to attend an Art Deco themed wedding. This, right after one of my co-workers sent me a post for the Trashy Diva blog about a totally different Art Deco wedding! Apparently Art Deco themed weddings must be a big trend these days! I’m sure it’s no coincidence that the new The Great Gatsby movie comes out next summer…
I’ve always loved the whole Art Deco movement and time period. Maybe not quite so much I’d want it as a wedding theme personally, but it would be lots of fun to attend someone ELSE’S Art Deco wedding!
First, you’d have to start off with great Art Deco inspired save-the-date and wedding invitations:
Next, you need an amazing dress, like this hand-beaded Art Deco style gown by Natasha Von Rosenschilde:
Top it off with a fabulous Art Deco style rhinestone one-of-a-kind headpiece by Rose of the Mire.
The Art Deco period is also famous for being one of the most creative times for jewelry design. There are many beautiful vintage engagement rings and other jewelry still around from the Art Deco period today, like these vintage beauties:
Want more Art Deco themed wedding inspiration? Check out these blogs:
– Art Deco Weddings – a whole site dedicated to just that!
– Art Deco Texas Wedding, via Ruffled
– Sarah & Rhett’s 1930s Art Deco winter wedding, via Offbeat Bride
– Liz & Zeph’s elegant Art Deco Brooklyn wedding, via Offbeat Bride
Latest posts by Mallory Whitfield (see all)
- Getting Published [Tips on Finding Readers, Self-Publishing & More] - August 2, 2015
- Do Good: Buy Handmade & Change Women’s Lives with Gifts from Global Goods Partners - July 26, 2015
- #BadassCreatives: XO Sarah Morgan - July 11, 2015